Consumer Units

Consumer Units

The consumer unit or fuse box is the heart to your electrical installation and provides vital safety protection. The modern 18th Edition consumer unit gives far greater protection than the old fuse boards or old plastic consumer units in years gone by.

The latest consumer units we fit have a metal case, RCD or RCBO protection for all circuits and surge protection giving increased protection. We can even fit AFDD Arc Fault Detection Devices for the highest level of protection.

The fact is some old fuse boards have become a liability and simply do not meet modern health and safety requirements and can even contain Asbestos.

Replacing a fuse board or consumer unit is a job that should only be done by qualified and experienced electrician. Please do not try it yourself or ask someone who cannot provide all the certificates. Our electricians have years of experience in replacing consumer units and we provide electrical and Part P certification.

We fit consumer units from high quality brands such as Hager, Wylex and Eaton assuring the best quality and standards.

What is the cost?

Every electrical installation is different and there are many different options of consumer units to choose from and depending on the age of the electrical installation a EICR could be required before replacing the consumer unit. We provide free written estimates.

Get In Touch

Please feel free to get in touch with us regarding any of our services using the following details


01622 260141


Cornflower House
Cornflower Close
ME14 5UL